Carlos Valedon (Caracas 1965)
– Université Laval, Québec – Canada (Master of Laws 1993)
– Universidad Santa María, Caracas – Venezuela (Law Degree, Caracas, 1989)
– Partner at Márquez – Henríquez – Ortin & Valedón (2006 – present)
– Partner at Torres Plaz & Araujo (1994 – 2006)
Institutional and academic activity:
– Referee for Centers Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce of Caracas and CEDCA. Former President of the respective committees.
– Adviser to the Permanent Commission of Economy of the Senate of the Congress of the Republic of Venezuela for the enactment of the Law on Commercial Arbitration (1997- 1998).
– Secretary of the national section in Venezuela of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) based in Paris (1998).
– Appointed by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) as a consultant for the mediation of the Arbitration Center of the Caracas Chamber of Commerce (1999).
– Research Fellow in 1998 at the Institute for the Unification of Private Law (UNIDROIT) in Rome based on the Principles of International Commercial Contracts and the Uniform Commercial Law.
– Professor from 1998 to 2008 of the subject “Alternative Means of Dispute Resolution in International Business Transactions” and “Commercial Law” part of the Master Degree in International Law and Integration, and the Master Degree of International Law of the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences of the Central University of Venezuela, Caracas.
– Speaker and lecturer on alternative means of dispute resolution, as well as the legal aspects of and Intellectual Property rights of the Internet and E-Commerce.
Areas of expertise:
– Commercial, civil, tax law, International law and litigation, foreign investment, intellectual property and national and international commercial arbitration.
– Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
– International Trademark Association (INTA)
– Association Internationale pour la Propiété Intelectuelle (AIPPI)
– Association des Practiciens du Droit des Marques et des Modèles (APRAM)
– Venezuelan American Chamber of Industry and Commerce (VENAMCHAM)
– Venezuelan Association of Intellectual Property Agents (COVAPI)
– Bar Association of the Capital District.