Rafael Ernesto Ortin Perozo (Caracas 1970)
– Universidad de Alicante (Spain) (Master in Intellectual Property, 1998). Scholarship holder of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
– Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (Law Degree, 1993)
– Partner at Márquez – Henríquez – Ortin & Valedón (2006 – present)
– Lawyer of the Cisneros Organization (OC), Department of the Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law. (1998 – 2006)
– Audit Director of the National Directorate of Copyright (1995 – 1996)
Institutional and academic activity:
– International consultant of New Technologies and Copyright of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), CERLAG and the General Authors and Editors of Spain (SGAE).
– Professor at the Universidad de los Andes (ULA) of the Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property (Mérida, Venezuela).
– Professor at the Universidad Metropolitana (UNIMET) of Unfair Competition in the specializations of Intellectual Property. (Caracas, Venezuela)
– Professor of Competition Law in the Master’s Degree of Intellectual Property of the University of the Americas (Quito, Ecuador).
– Professor of Competition Law in the Intellectual Property specializations of the Catholic University of Guayaquil (Ecuador).
– Lecturer in the field of intellectual rights in various countries such as Spain, France, Mexico, Cuba, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Central America among others.
Areas of expertise:
– Intellectuals rights, copyright and related rights; new technology rights; entertainment law consultancy; management of intangible assets; legal aspects of marketing; advertising law; trademark rights.
– Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
– International Trademark Association (INTA)
– Venezuelan American Chamber of Industry and Commerce (VENAMCHAM)
– Venezuelan Association of Intellectual Property Agents (COVAPI)
– Bar Association of the Capital District.