Carlos José Arocha Moreán (Caracas, 1968)
-Universidad Metropolitana, Caracas (Intellectual Property Specialist, 2009).
Degree work: “Jingle as a musical work, sound trademark and source of commercial slogans”.
-Universidad Central de Venezuela (Lawyer, 1992)
Courses and others:
– Probative Law (Second Module). “Inter-American Bar Association ” (Caracas, 2011).
– Probative Law (First Module). “Inter-American Bar Association (Caracas, 2010).
– Intellectual Property and Electronic Commerce. “World Intellectual Property Organization Academy ” (Switzerland, 2009).
-Advanced Copyright. “World Intellectual Property Organization Academy ” (Switzerland, 2007).
– Intellectual Property. “World Intellectual Property Organization Academy ” (Switzerland, 2005).
-International Congress on Intellectual Property. “Universidad de Margarita” (Nueva Esparta, Venezuela, 2004)
-Independent Counsel in Copyright, Trademarks, Right of Publicity, Entertainment Law, Advertising Talents, Contractual Matters, Tort Law and Judicial Cases in Immaterial Matters (2009-2020).
– Co-Founder of the Legal Firm “Gomes Arocha Advisers – Copyright” (1994-2007)
-Coordinator of Legal Affairs at the Society of Authors and Composers of Venezuela / SACVEN (1993-1994)
– Paralegal assigned to the Presidency of the First Administrative Court (1992-1993)
– Research Assistant at the Institute of Public Law UCV (1989-1992).
– Research and opinions.
– Transfer of rights and Licenses.
– Contract Analysis.
– Management and monitoring of registrations.
– Court notifications for cessation of use.
– Criminal complaints about infringement of intellectual property rights.
– Claims and actions on unauthorized use of works protected by copyright.
– Claims and lawsuits on right of publicity.
– Actions on moral damages: personal and corporate.
– Actions on contractual and extra-contractual liability.
– Unfair competition.
– Administrative lawsuits related to intellectual property.
– Commercial arbitration.
– Conciliations and out-of-court settlements.
– Investigation of ownerships and search for authorized uses.
– Advice on intellectual property about musical production: phonographic and digital
– Advice on intellectual property about publishing.
– Advice on intellectual property about software, applications and videogames.
– Advising on intellectual property matters about digital products.
– Advising on intellectual property matters about franchises.
– Advising on intellectual property matters about advertising.
– Management and talent representation
– Instrumental English